17 Inspirational Quotes for Bloggers + Free Printable!
Hey there blogger! I see you: the up-and-coming blogger that needs a little boost of inspiration on the harder days. I know how that feels, because I’ve been there.
And I gotchu dawg!
Here is a list with some of THE BEST inspirational quotes for aspiring bloggers.
This list was born from my own blogging struggles, and I still have the running list in my notes on my phone. I jot down (or copy and paste, if we’re being technical) a new inspirational quote every time I see one that I love – thank you Pinterest!
1. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
My takeaway from this quote: just keep swimming (I’m singing this in my best ‘Dory from Finding Nemo’ voice) …
And I bet you’re singing it now too!
2. “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” Zig Ziglar
My takeaway from this quote: don’t run away from hard work. And also, taking the stairs is GREAT for your booty!
Take the stairs more…
3. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
My takeaway: Get out of that comfort zone and push yourself to do great things!
Also, I love Thomas Jefferson and I may (or may not have) named my son Tomas partly because of him.
4. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
My takeaway from this quote, from a blogging perspective: sometimes, it’s going to be tough (reallllllllly tough) and you’re going to want to give up. DON’T.
5. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh
My takeaway: If you’re passionate about what you do, you WILL be dedicated and focused and disciplined… and the money will follow the hard work you put in!
6. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
My takeaway: don’t look at people who appear to be overnight successes and think they had it easy, because 99% of the time, they probably didn’t.
It’s OKAY to put in TIME before the success comes. Don’t expect results overnight.
7. “The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do.” – Thomas Jefferson
My takeaway: KEEP IT SIMPLE! This is more true than ever, in our busy and fast-paced world: short and sweet is better than extensive and exhausting and elaborate.
When you realize that it’s okay to keep it simple (in your blog posts, your freebies, your trainings, your social media posts, the pressure goes away)!
8. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” Jim Rohn
Okay, this one is less inspirational and more of a serious KICK IN THE PANTS! My takeaway: stop making excuses and get your work done.
9. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
My takeaway: DO NOT give up! Success is just around the corner!
10. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” – Rockefeller
I love this quote soooo much and I believe it to my core (you should too)! It doesn’t matter if “everyone else already has a blog” and it doesn’t matter if “there’s nothing new to write about.”
Put your own personality and flare into your work. The base of your blog niche might be common or ordinary, but YOU can be uncommonly awesome and original!
11. “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.” – Brian Tracy
My takeaway: stay positive. It is directly related to your success.
12. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
My takeaway on this one is exactly what I preach to my students and clients every day: you can’t create mediocre content and think you’re going to be wildly successful.
Write GREAT CONTENT that people love to read.
13. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
My takeaway for bloggers: the way you THINK is going to affect the way you work. A positive mindset will take you a long way!
And you CAN do this!
14. “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” – Michelle Obama
My takeaway: some people aren’t going to like what you do our understand you. You aren’t doing this for them. You’re doing it for YOU.
Stay focused on your goals and ignore anyone that doesn’t support and encourage you to keep moving forward!
15. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
I did plenty of jobs that I hated before I woke up and decided it was ENOUGH. Find a job that you LOVE and do whatever it takes to earn a living from that work.
16. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
My takeaway: don’t wait on other people to hand you opportunities or motivate you to be successful. Fan your own sparks of possibility!
17. “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
My takeaway: take care of your body and get proper REST! If you stay up all night browsing on Facebook (we’re alllll guilty of it), you’re not going to be rested and well-equipped for a solid day of work tomorrow.
Protect your time, your rest, and your health!
Notice any common threads among all of these amazing inspiration quotes for bloggers (like you and me)?
YOU are the one in control of your thinking, your actions, your success, and your achievements. Nobody else.
Work hard, stay motivated, and do what you love…
That one isn’t a famous quote, just an inspirational suggestion from little ol’ me.
Be sure to download this FREE printable poster for your work desk!
And PIN this baby to your Inspirational Quote Board on Pinterest!