Hey there stranger. It’s been awhile, so I’m here to reintroduce myself and my blog, and I hope you find something that you like here. I’ll briefly share why I started this blog, what this blog is all about, and what you can expect from me when you’re here. When that’s all wrapped up, you can enter for your chance to win my first giveaway!
So, who is this chick anyway?
If you’re new here, I’m happy to fill you in on the gossip. My name is Cate and I’m the one-woman show behind this blog. I’m married to a hard-working man and mama to one wild baby girl…with a surprise baby on the way. Born and raised in sunny California, I know all about working hard and playing hard. My day job as an administrative manager pays the bills, but writing and raising babies brings me real happiness. I have experience in writing, editing, teaching English, marketing, and the finance industry.
Why did I start this blog?
I started this blog in 2015 as an outlet for my writing and a pleasant distraction from nursing a hungry baby for all hours of the night. Seriously you guys, my daughter was the chunkiest and most insatiable infant you’d ever meet. She’d nurse all night long and I’d write all night long, and we were both pretty happy with that.
I wanted to take my experience as a working woman and now a working mom, and use it to help people improve their own life. But to be perfectly honest, my writing was all over the place back then! I was new to the blogging world and I was bouncing around between dinner recipes, cleaning tips, beauty treatments, business experience, and inspiring stories. I enjoyed every minute of it, but my writing was not consistent or cohesive, and that just isn’t me.
So I took a short break from social media and blogging to do a little soul searching and decide what I really want to write about and help people with…and now, here we are.
What is this blog really about?
This blog is about two things: helping you to enjoy the sweetness of life and motherhood, and helping you to live simply as a woman and mother in our modern world. If you like parenting hacks, product reviews, minimalism, helpful checklists, tips for working moms, and free stuff, you’ll probably enjoy the new and improved blog.
What can you expect from me and my blog?
1. I’ll share some real-world experience from the life of a working mom. I’ve been working full time for over 10 years, I put myself through college, and I continued in my secular career after having my baby. I will share my tips for raising happy and healthy kids in a realistic world of juggling work and family life. And I’m sure I’ll have some major parenting fails to share along the way too.
2. I’ll give you realistic tips and tricks that actually make your life easier. My mission with this blog has always been to help women and mothers keep their life simple and enjoy every sweet (and bittersweet) moment that comes our way, so I will continue to do that with every piece I write. My life hacks and parenting hacks are always practical and easy to follow. I don’t ever recommend that you do something complicated or expensive.
3. I’ll post one new blog article on the first day of every month. I love writing and editing, which has been part of my day job for years. But I suffered from serious blogger burnout last year, because I was trying to work full time and care for an infant and build an online presence and write new blog posts every week. It was just too much. I truly believe that it’s better to be fully dedicated to one thing than spread too thin between a ton of things. So if there’s something that you can count on from me, it’s one great new article at the start of each new month!
4. I’ll create and share some awesome printable checklists to help you get the most out of your day, your year, your business, your vacations, and your life. Everything will be focused around simple living and making your life easier. I’m a hyper-focused business chick that thrives on organization and efficiency. Even if you don’t have a secular job, my tips for minimalism and organization are unbelievably helpful for simplifying your life and your home.
5. I’ll do some awesome giveaways along the way, because free stuff makes everything better, right?
There are a few things that you typically won’t be seeing when you visit my blog, and that includes beauty and fashion tips, blogging advice, food reviews and recipes, and multi-level marketing (MLM) products. My goal is to stay focused on helping women live an amazingly sweet and simple life, so if we’re staying on topic, you’ll see things about minimalism, motherhood, education, work balance, health, parenting hacks, simplifying and organizing your home and office, preparing for the future, and enjoying the little things in life.
And if you’re still here reading, you rock, and I’m so happy that you came across my blog today! I’m doing my first giveaway under the new and improved Sweet and Simple Life blog, and one lucky winner will receive a $25 gift card to Target.
To enter, just click here and fill out the entry form. I will notify the winner by email in 48 hours and will send a $25 e-gift card to the email address provided.
Thank you for following along today, and I hope you enjoy the new and improved Sweet and Simple Life blog!